Clin Sol Analyst II - Transition of CareBookmark This
St. Joseph's Health
500 South Main Street
DescriptionSt. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) works in partnership with one of Southern California's most respected medical groups--St. Joseph Heritage Medical Group to offer outstanding care. With over 1,800 employees and22 locations throughout north Orange County and Los Angeles County, SJHH has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values.
Working under the direction of the Vice President, Information Systems/CIO this position is responsible for the development, deployment, and ongoing support of software solutions that cross the acute, ambulatory, and home setting. Key responsibilities include: act as a liaison between business clients and information systems teams; identify business requirements; research optional solutions; facilitate system design, build, and test; be an advocate for productivity / process improvements. The ideal applicant will need to have a passion for clinical analytics, healthcare data management, and quality measure reporting. The primary objective will be to help implement and support Allscripts Care Management, with focus on Care Director, outpatient care management system
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: Requires bachelor's degree in healthcare, information systems, or related field. Relevant experience and/or appropriate certifications may be substituted.
* A minimum of 3-4 year experience in a complex acute or ambulatory care environment.
* A minimum of 1 year experience leading business process redesign and/or IT project implementation efforts.
Computer Skills: Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (specifically, Excel, Word, Visio and Project).
* Valid California driver's license.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
* Work with Implementations Team to define scope for implementations, go-lives, and report delivery projects
* Solution Design, Requirements Analysis, Development, and Unit Testing
* Ability to work with customer to define informatics and reporting requirements
* Analyze, simplify, and communicate complex medical codes and terminologies for quality reporting.
* Requires an understanding of IT best practices in a healthcare environment.
* Working knowledge of HIPAA requirements within a medical group/IPA setting or relevant experience within a claims processing environment in an insurance company.
* Eagerly accept assignments from directors and supervisors.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to be adaptable in a rapidly growing environment.
* Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
* Effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
* Improving Performance: The SJ Way is the way the IS Department does our work using Toyota Production System methodologies in a culture of continuous improvement. We view every member of our team as a problem solver, empowered to recognize and communicate problems and identify new and better ways to do our jobs that eliminate waste and increase value for our customers and users of IT.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
* 5 year experience in a complex acute or ambulatory care environment.
* 3 years experience with Care Management.
* 2+ year experience leading business process redesign and/or IT project implementation efforts.
* Experience with clinical terminology libraries (UMLS, ICD, HCPCS, CPT, SnoMED, LOINC)
* PMP Certification or history of managing clinical applications throughout project lifecycle.
* Board Certified Case Manager CCMC
* Board Certified LVN (or RN) with current California license.
* All scripts Care Management experience
* Hands-on experience in implementation of healthcare IT systems Case Management, HIS, LIS, EHRs
* HL7 or XML experience