Code Compliance InternBookmark This
MTA Capital Construction
New York, NY
DescriptionAs part of the largest transportation provider in North America, MTA Capital Construction(MTACC) was created to manage the Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s largest transit expansion in several generations and to serve the changing transportation needs of its customers for the 21st century. We are currently seeking applicants for Code Compliance Intern.
The Code Compliance Intern will assist the Sr. Project Manager, Code Compliance with various project management responsibilities. This is a strong learning opportunity with exposure to all phases of project management including design review, construction and project close out. Interns will observe code enforcement on all levels and will gain some understanding of how NYS requirements are captured.
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE COLLEGE CREDIT OR BE IN A COLLEGE WORK-STUDY PROGRAM, AND BE AVAILABLE 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK, DURING THE INTERNSHIP ASSIGNMENT.
The selected candidate will receive a free transportation pass for their primary means of commutation on either an MTA local bus, subway or railroad line.
Responsibilities- Administrative/Clerical duties as required
- Verify documents per requirements
- Research as required
- Travel to project construction sites and field offices within NYC
- Photograph project sites as needed
- Provide support to other code compliance staff as needed
- Update CCU Library
Requirements- Basic ability to read contract drawings and construction documents
- Strong research skills
- Strong self motivation
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask
- Interest in project management
- Internship participants must be current undergraduate or graduate students in an accredited college or university pursuing a degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Transportation Management or a related field.
- Must be eligible to receive college credit or be in a college work-study program.
- Must be available a minimum of 30 hours per week during internship assignment.