Collateral Review Analyst - Glen Allen, VABookmark This
Citizens Financial Group
Glen Allen, VA
The Collateral Review Analyst II, a member of Credit Risk Management, will assist in the managing the Bank's real estate valuation function and risk exposure of residential real estate collateral. The position is responsible for ensuring that the Bank receives regulatory-compliant appraisals and evaluations that are in compliance with corporate policy and standards, Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), secondary market guidelines and document the results.
- Must be familiar with a variety of the appraisal industry's concepts and practices and the banks' policy and procedures.
- Analyzes the reasonableness of the appraisal and/or evaluation to accurately identify the collateral's market value for financing purposes.
- Updates the database of information that is used in various appraisal management and quality control reporting.
- Adheres to bank policies and procedures and complies with legal and regulatory requirements including appraisal industry's concepts and practices.
- Follows effective controls and processes to ensure risks are measured, monitored and controlled and compliance requirements are adhered to on an on-going basis.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Perform appraisal and evaluation reviews and document the results in the quality control system that evaluates and monitors the ongoing performance of third-party professional vendors.
- When necessary, contact appraisal vendor to address and resolve identified appraisal concerns to their Satisfaction.
- Required completion of formal appraisal training through professional and nationally recognized appraiser organizations that is a member of the Appraisal Foundation on an annual basis as directed.
- 4-6 years experience completing sales analysis and review/evaluation of 1-4 residential real estate properties.
- Extensive knowledge of USPAP (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice) and general appraisal techniques and analysis.
- Computer Skills 2+ years with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of all types of real property, terms, types of ownership in real estate, deeds, mortgages, etc.
- Knowledge of bank regulations affecting loan customer accounts.
- Understanding of the appraisal process, valuation techniques, secondary lending guidelines.
- Ability to recognize deficiencies in appraisals and evaluation reports and changes in market trends and conditions
- Able to multitask with effective and proficient communication skills.
- Underwriting knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Effectively manage multiple deadlines and projects.
- Good Oral and Written Communications skills in English.
- Good Analytical/Math skills.
- Bachelor Degree required; concentration in Business, Real Estate, Finance or Economics.
- Real Estate Broker or Appraisal License preferred
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of CCO Mortgage Corporationto provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any othercategory protected by federal, state and/or local laws.