College Summer Internship Program 2016Bookmark This
Posted: 922 days ago
DescriptionJob Duties Responsibilities Now Hiring!
Our summer internship program is well suited for finance, accounting, economics, marketing, risk management, management, and general business majors.
During our 8-10 week paid summer internship program, you'll gain firsthand knowledge of our dynamic industry, work on real business projects, and have opportunities to network with senior management. As an intern, you'll receive mentoring to help you grow personally and professionally, and take part in several projects. These assignments could include:
* Researching insurance industry trends
* Analyzing current business procedures
* Proposing new strategies for growing and retaining our business
* Developing marketing plans
* Conducting competitive analyses
At the end of each project, you will present your findings to members of our management team. When the program is finished, not only will you have an understanding of what it takes to be successful in a multibillion dollar corporation, but your project results will be seriously considered and potentially implemented.
We appreciate the fresh perspectives, innovative ideas and creative solutions that our interns offer. Through this program, you will develop presentation skills, leadership abilities, interpersonal skills, and business acumen. Our interns may be considered for future, full-time career opportunities in product management, underwriting, sales, customer service, claims or in one of our management development programs. Candidate Qualifications Requirements for this program include:
* Pursuing a Bachelor's degree and possess junior or senior status;
* At least a 3.0 overall current undergraduate GPA;
* Have taken a variety of business courses;
* Very good analytical and problem-solving skills;
* Effective written and verbal communication skills;
* Ability to work independently and within a team
* High level of dependability;
* Demonstrated leadership potential;
* Strong understanding of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Housing is not a company-covered benefit; however, we may assist in helping you find a suitable place to live. How To Apply Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active email address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later.
Please be sure to attach your COVER LETTER, RESUME, and COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT to the application. The transcript can be official or unofficial, but will need to include all college courses completed and grades for each. You can add this in the My Career Tools section on your application home page. About GEICO For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.