Commercial Installer - TycoIS (Erie, PA)Bookmark This
DescriptionPosition Summary: Installs appropriate devices, dismantles and reconstructs equipment as required by the commercial customer or Tyco Integrated Security. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs appropriate devices; dismantles and reconstructs equipment as required by customer or Tyco Integrated Security.
- Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation debris.
- Contacts customers prior to the date of scheduled installation to verify schedule.
- Prepares estimates in accordance with prescribed instructions or directions of supervisor.
- Follows proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures.
- Tests operation of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service.
- Reads building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
- Coordinates installations with police/fire departments and handles necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
- May work with other installers who are dedicated to a large Commercial and/or National Accounts project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some technical school training desired.
- Six to twelve months apprenticeship/class room study or 2 to 4 years electrical and electronic equipment experience with demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools. Ability to operate fleet vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
- Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service.
- Valid driver's license.
Tyco Integrated Security LLC offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Tyco, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale. Tyco is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer.