Communication Officer / NepalBookmark This
DescriptionThis position is unpaid and part of Workforce Humanities internship program that develops entry level humanitarian workers so they can gain valuable field experience. Participants need to pay the cost of their flight, food, accommodation for the six month period of placement.
The intern will work with local NGO in Kathmandu, Nepal
ResponsibilitiesOverall Purpose of Job
Help the NGO to effectively convey information to internal and external audiences by preparing and producing messages and publications that are crucial to our work.
• Assist in the development of brochures, reports and the Annual report of the organization
• E-Bulletin (three weekly); collecting articles from staff and network members around the world. Review, editing, design and sending
• Proactively develop new content and materials for the websites and social media platforms
• Create social media platforms (facebook, linkedin, twitter) and update social media content.
• Copyediting and proofreading publications and newsletters.
• Internal network communications: maintain and update network directories (online and offline); edit, prepare (including translations) and send out relevant communications.
• Adding content for the website.
• Monitoring media landscape and breaking news stories related to program activity issue management team and program staff with news alerts and background material for stories likely result in media queries to
• Support in preparing press releases and responses to media enquiries.
• Prepare presentations and information folders for meetings and conferences, in cooperation with staff/ management.
• Information requests: reply to general requests for information and prepare (standardized) responses
• The intern will work in close cooperation with Management and the fundraising department, and where relevant with other team members.
Requirements• Passion for communications and interest in social media and online communities
• Sound knowledge MS Office applications
• Knowledge Adobe In-design, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Wordpress would be an advantage
• Strong attention to detail
• Native English speaker (or equivalent)
• Flexibility and the ability to work under tight deadlines and in a multicultural international environment will be a plus.