Communications InternshipBookmark This
Funders Together to End Homelessness
240 Newbury Street, 2nd Floor
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionFunders Together to End Homelessness, a growing network of foundations working to end homelessness in America, is seeking an intern to work approximately 15 hours per week. Based in Boston’s Back Bay, we are a small, progressive, and professional office that works closely with an active and engaged Board of Directors comprised of some of the nation’s most dynamic foundations.
ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for an intern who can assist with:
• Monitoring of news and other online content related to homelessness
• Maintaining our social media presence and updating our website
• Researching and drafting content for blog posts, fact sheets, etc., on homelessness
• Pitching in when extra hands are needed with preparing for board meetings and conferences, planning special events, etc.
• Special projects, as assigned
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and references to: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line that you are applying for the internship position.
RequirementsApplicants must be self-starters who are responsible, reliable, flexible, organized, and able to manage deadlines well. They also should have:
• Knowledge of Wordpress software and experience with social media, including keeping up with online news, blogs, websites, and Twitter feeds as well as facility with updating and maintaining similar technologies;
• Strong research and writing skills; and
• An interest in advancing human rights and social justice, including ending homelessness