Community BloggerBookmark This
Partnership for Southern Equity
Internship Type: Virtual
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionPartnership for Southern Equity (PSE) was founded in 2008 by a group of concerned Atlanta-based stakeholders, who after attending PolicyLink’s National Summit on Equitable Development, Social Justice and Smart Growth in New Orleans decided to act. PSE pushes for policies and actions that promote equity and shared prosperity in metropolitan Atlanta. Through forums, research, and organizing efforts, PSE brings together the regional community to lift up and encourage just, sustainable, and civic practices for balanced growth and opportunity.One of PSE’s initiatives is The Metro Atlanta Equity Atlas (MAEA).MAEA is a regional mapping project which tells a comprehensive story of the current state of the metro region across eight focus areas: demographics, economic development, education, environment, health, housing, public safety and transportation.
We are looking for part-time Community Blogger Interns to aid in our online presence for our Metro Atlanta Equity Atlas Project (MAEA). We are looking for someone to write bi-weekly blogs pertaining to the work of the organization, particularly the MAEA project.
Responsibilities• Blog about events, data, issues related to the MAEA Project and PSE’s overall work
• Creates image links and ensure links are up to date.
• Research, write/edit and create layout for new articles and features.
• Act as liaison between blog readers and organization
• Post blog write up on key community online portals such as Idealist.org, Good.org, Patch.com etc.
Requirements• Possess engaging "conversational" writing skills with a professional posture.
• Must have experience writing blogs. Though not required, preference will be given to those candidates who have been published by a recognized organization (on or off line) or have published blogs with confirmed reader visit statistics.
• Must be computer and Internet/search engine savvy to perform online research. Completed degrees from accredited institutions may be substituted for experience, provided courses were taken in writing, marketing, business and psychology/sociology.
• Proofreading and editing skills.
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
• Ability to write simply with a conversational style.
• Writing should be informative, but not verbose.
• Ability to effectively manage time and schedules.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to include organization objectives and mission throughout blog presentation.
• Ability to make presentations/submit write ups on blog feedback and comments to MAEA Project Coordinator.
• Ability to leadership in Identifying opportunities, based on new developments in the blogsphere.
• Abilty to maintain high ethics with blog presentation and content.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Present professional, but friendly posture with blogsphere colleagues and throughout the Internet
• Provide leadership with intelligence from blog feedback, metrics and external discussions related to blog content
• Collaborate with MAEA Project Coordinator to enhance blog features and presence
• Act as ambassador and liaison for the organization with the Internet community
• Help develop collaborative partnerships on-line and off-line (in coordination with MAEA Project Coordinator)
Please send a cover letter, resume and blog/writing sample