Community DirectorBookmark This
Drowning Prevention Foundation
Any U.S. town!
San Francisco, CA
DescriptionThe Drowning Prevention Foundation, a Bay Area nonprofit agency that works to create awareness and advocate for policy change to prevent childhood drowning, is currently looking for Community Directors!
If interested, please email Kyle Elliott (Volunteer Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org with a customized cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please include the position(s) you are interested, relevant experience, and why you want to work with the Drowning Prevention Foundation.
ResponsibilitiesLocation: Your town and the surrounding community
Mentor: Depends, based on your areas of interest and location
Do you know someone who drowned or had a near-drowning experience? These terrible accidents can largely be prevented through education and layers of protection. Community Directors help deliver our programs in their neighborhood and the surrounding area. Depending on your interest and abilities, activities may include:
• Build relationships with local contacts
• Implement programs and water safety events
• Manage local volunteers to implement water safety programs and events.
• Partner with local businesses to implement Drowning Prevention Month fundraisers in May.
• Ask your city council to acknowledge Drowning Prevention Month with a proclamation.
• Distribute water safety information to community groups as needed.
• Represent the Drowning Prevention Foundation at community events.
• Submit requests for program funds and supplies to the Treasurer.
• Complete simple monthly activity reports (online questionnaires).
• Log all contact information and activity in the online Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
Please refer to http://drowningpreventionfoundation.org/getinvolved.asp for a more detailed description of the positions.
This is not a traditional internship position; a majority of work is done virtually to allow individuals to work on projects and tasks at their own convenience. Nonetheless, you will receive guidance and supervision from your respective mentor.
Requirements• Nonprofit /advocacy experience a plus, but we will train the right person!
• Access to a computer with internet capabilities.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Great critical thinking and time-management.
• Dependability and consistent follow through.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Bilingual a plus, but not required.