Community Living Manager- Earn your Masters DegreeBookmark This
Target Community & Educational Services, Inc.
111 Stoner Avenue
DescriptionTarget is a non-profit agency providing residential, vocational and
recreational services to adults with developmental disabilities.
The Target Community and Educational Services and McDaniel College
Masters Program is a 2 year live-in program where you work for Target
managing one of our Alternative Living Units (ALUs) while attending
McDaniel College two evenings a week to earn your Master of Science
Degree in Human Services Management/Special Education, teaching or
counseling track. Target and McDaniel are located in Westminster,
Target pays 75% of the tuition to the college. Each manager receives
the apartment to live in, including utilities. There is a salary stipend ($19,500)
along with health, dental and life
insurance benefits. Total compensation totals over $62,000 for two years!
ResponsibilitiesTo manage a traditional Alternative Living Unit (ALU) or apartment program serving as home to clients with developmental and physical disabilities.
Performs all CLM duties in accordance with the philosophy, mission, and goals of the agency.
Management and administration duties that include but not limited to employee evaluations, payroll, employee scheduling, house budgets, required DDA training's, and weekly/ monthly paperwork.
Client issues and direct care that include assisting clients with medical services, annual ITM meetings, personal care routines, and maintaining a safe family-like atmosphere in the ALU
Requirements• This is a live-in, approximately two year long position. We are located in Westminster, Maryland, and Gaithersburg, Maryland.
• You must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and an undergraduate cumulative GPA above a 2.7.
• You must have a valid driver’s license with less than three points on your record.
• You must be enrolled in the master’s degree program to work for Target, Inc., as the two go hand in hand.
• The apartments are set up for two people, yourself and a co-manager. No pets, significant others, or children may live in the apartment due to regulations.
• Positions are in Westminster, MD, and Montgomery County, MD.
• Target handles all arrangements for this program. Please do not contact McDaniel College directly.
To be considered for an interview, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org