Compliance AnalystBookmark This
DescriptionPrudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU), a financial services leader with approximately $1.044 trillion of assets under management as of June 30, 2013, has operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America. Prudential’s diverse and talented employees are committed to helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth through a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, investment management and real estate services.
This position is within the Corporate Compliance Department, supporting the Regulatory Filings Group. The ideal candidate should have a high level of knowledge and experience with the regulatory and compliance issues surrounding personal and portfolio trading activity.
Specifically, this individual will be responsible for the following:
- Completing Section 16 and Rule 144 filings on behalf of Prudential’s Executive Officers and Directors which will include knowledge of Rule 10b5-1 and 10b5-1 trading plans
- Maintaining brokerage account maintenance for officers and directors
- Assembling proxy and share ownership data
- Administering to the preclearance process of Company stock including approving transactions, advising associates on preclearance matters, and managing the open and closed trading window process
- Researching trading violations of the personal securities trading policy, present potential violations to the disciplinary committee and draft and distribute all supporting documentation required by the committee including issuance and distribution of violation letters
- Having strong knowledge of stock option plans, stock purchase plans, 401(k) and deferred compensation plans and restricted stock and performance shares is necessary
- Researching applicable laws and rules over a wide area of the regulatory landscape
- Monitoring trading activity during trading windows and blackout periods, as well as monitoring the trading activity of employees restricted under other aspects of the personal securities trading policies and procedures
- Administering and maintaining the Enterprise Restricted List and monitoring for compliance with internal policies and procedures. The Enterprise Restricted List ensures that the Prudential does not violate any regulatory restrictions on Prudential’s acquisition and/or sale of securities, either for proprietary accounts or for those of Prudential’s clients
- Supporting business units with regards to questions about trade restrictions. Aggregate and monitor companywide portfolio holdings in the various companies that would require changes to the Enterprise Restricted List
- Assisting with the maintenance of the Enterprise Restricted List Guide (i.e., explanation of laws/rules applicable to Prudential). Individual will be responsible for the development of policies and procedures, monitoring trading activity and training
- The successful candidate may assist with corporate Regulatory Filings including Section 16, 13G/D and 13F, Form ADV, State Notice, and other filings such as Form PF, 13H Large Trader and CFTC Commodity Pool Filing as needed and to insure timely filings and proper planning during peak periods
Individual may participate in conducting compliance training
- College degree strongly desired.
- 3+ years of Compliance or Legal experience.
- Understanding of Company’s policies and procedures relating to insider trading and personal securities trading.
- Legal/Compliance background with strong legal research skills such as Westlaw, Lexis/ Nexis, internet research, etc.
- Prefer knowledge of the laws and regulations involved in the above including the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (Section 16, 13G/D, 10b5-1), the Advisers Act of 1940, the Investment Company Act of 1940, and the Insider Trading Securities Fraud Enforcement Act of 1988.
- Public company experience a plus, including Section 16 and Rule 144 Filings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to explain complex policies and procedures to employees at all levels. Candidate should be discreet, professional and be able to use sound judgment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated and have excellent time management and organizational skills. The candidate must be able to work on several high priority assignments simultaneously.
- Superior time management skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access. Proficiency in web navigation and applications including Internet Explorer is preferred.