Compliance AnalystBookmark This
Prudential Investment Management is the primary asset management business of Prudential, Financial, Inc. Prudential Real Estate Investors is Prudential Investment Management’s real estate investment advisory business and operates through Prudential Investment Management, Inc., a registered investment advisor.
PREI® is a leader in global real estate investment management business, offering a broad range of investment vehicles that invest in private and public market opportunities in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America. Headquartered in Madison, New Jersey, PREI has offices in Atlanta, Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Miami, Frankfurt, London, Lisbon, Luxembourg, Munich, Paris, Abu Dhabi, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong, Seoul, Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo. In addition, PREI has representatives in Milan. PREI’s Principles of Business include doing the right thing, building bridges, valuing our people and working to win; we also place high importance on sustainability.
As of September 30, 2013, PREI managed approximately $53.9 billion in gross real estate assets ($40.2 billion net) on behalf of more than 490 clients worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.prei.com/.
A unit within PREI, the Global Real Estate Securities (GRES) team creates and manages investment products that purchase and sell shares of publicly traded real estate securities. As of December 31, 2013, the unit manages approximately $4.0 billion consisting of both registered investment companies, non-US pooled vehicles and separately managed accounts.
The PREI Compliance Analyst is responsible for overseeing that the activities of PREI associates are in accordance with Prudential's policies governing such areas of individual conduct as personal securities trading; gifts, travel, and entertainment; insider information; and conflicts of interest. The incumbent will serve as a general resource for providing guidance on regulatory issues relating to the asset management function.
In addition to the generalist duties, the position shall report to the Manager of PREI US Compliance and provide direct, day-to-day compliance support for the public real estate securities division of PREI and monitor applicable regulatory and contractual requirements of all portfolios managed by the unit.
Responsibilities will generally include:
· Monitor portfolio management to client guidelines and statutory requirements (public mutual and private real estate funds)
· Identify and escalate business breaches and document resolutions
· Support the enforcement of PIM and Prudential's internal policies including, for example, Personal Securities Trading Policy, Books and Records Policy, and Code of Ethics Policy
· Partner with PREI to proactively recommend supervisory procedures and compliance policies and procedures
· Incorporate regulatory or corporate changes into guidance for the business unit and supporting the enforcement of all applicable regulatory policies applicable to the business unit
· Conduct continuing education including new hire, topic specific and annual training
· Perform forensic tests of firms policies and procedures
· Two to four years of experience in a compliance, regulatory, audit or a similar control function
· Experience with pre/post trade surveillance systems a plus
· High motivation and initiative with the ability to work independently
· Excellent project and time management skills
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· Ability to assess, investigate and interpret issues
· Knowledge of the laws involved in the regulation of securities including the Securities Act of 1933, Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the Advisers Act of 1940, and the Investment Company Act of 1940, Dodd-Frank Act of 2010
· Knowledge of real estate operations and/or mutual fund compliance would be beneficial
· Bachelor degree preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access a plus