Computer Engineer I NERC (13301)Bookmark This
Pepco Holdings, Inc - Talent Acquisition
401 Eagle Run Rd
DescriptionComputer Engineer I NERC (13301)
Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI) is one of the largest electricity delivery and natural gas companies in the mid-Atlantic region. More than 1.8 million customers in Washington D.C., Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Virginia depend on PHI for their electricity and natural gas needs.
We are seeking a Computer Engineer I NERC to join the staff at our Newark, DE or Bethesda, MD location. This position is responsible for providing technical expertise for computer and/or communication software and hardware to analyze, design, implement and operate the Energy Management System (EMS) and related computer systems in the regional Electric System Operations control centers.
Provides input into the engineering and technical design/direction of routine projects. Implements studies, plans and engineering activities requiring initiative and sound engineering judgments. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field; relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
This entry-level position will be required to participate in the Engineering Development Program. The length of the program assignments will be based on business needs and input of the hiring manager. The Engineering Development Program exposes the employee to other functions within the business to better develop skills, and knowledge. Program rotations include, but not limited, to cross-functional, functional and regional rotations throughout the PHI territory.
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related Engineering degree or the equivalent combination of formal education/training and experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of (TCP/IP, network routing protocols, switches, firewalls, DNS, DHCP) and/or (Operating Systems such as Windows/Unix) or (Databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, and PI)
• Fundamental skills programming and/or scripting languages such as C++, PERL, shell scripts, VB, awk, JAVA.
• Experience demonstrating skill Installing, maintaining, and supporting the Emergency Management System (EMS) while providing maximum performance and availability
• Experience demonstrating skill designing, implementing, and supporting the EMS infrastructure while maintaining compliance to NERC CIP regulations
• Ability and willingness to travel to various company locations and work sites
• Ability and willingness to perform a second role in accordance with PHI's Emergency Preparedness Guidelines for all employees
• Ability and willingness to work extended hours (including holidays and weekends) with little or no notice, on-call and during storms and system emergencies
• Ability and willingness to adhere to safety regulations and policies and to wear and use safety equipment as required by Federal, State, Local and PHI regulations (for example, steel toed shoes, rubber gloves and sleeves, hard hat, fire retardant clothing
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Must successfully pass a Criminal History Records Check
• Must successfully pass a medical screening to include a drug test.
• This position is NERC regulated position. As such, a background check will be conducted on the incumbent every seven years. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to complete annual NERC and other compliance training.
• Knowledge and understanding of an enterprise NAS (Network Attached Storage)
• Knowledge of NERC/CIP or related security standards
• IT Certifications such as Oracle/A+/Security+/Network+/MCSE/CISCO
• Experience demonstrating skill supporting an Energy Management System including EMS database input, system management, and RTU support/integration
PHI is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
Please apply online at http://www.phicareers.com