Computer Lab Support InternBookmark This
Tierra del Sol Foundation
9919 Sunland Blvd.
Internship Description: Tierra del Sol is currently seeking a computer lab instructor to encourage learning and exploration in the computer lab. The intern instructor will teach basic computer skills including; keyboard basics, browsing the net, how to copy and paste images on Paint Program, and how to use search engines like Google.
• Teach computer skills and literacy to about 12-15 students.
• Use images as a visual learning tool in order for students to practice cognitive memory.
• Use a projector screen to demonstrate computer practice.
• Train clients and staff using step-by-step error free instruction.
• Assess each client’s ability and create a plan of improvement based on assessment.
• Create interesting and creative projects that teach students how to use program software like Microsoft word, Paint, the Internet.
• Provide 1:1 support for clients who may need it to excel in computer class
• Understand and support the individual learning programs that are in place for the people we serve.
• Encourage self-advocacy and choice making opportunities.
• Give appropriate instructions to the staff assisting you in your classroom.
• Communicate all safety concerns to program staff.
• Candidates should have good experience working with Microsoft Office
Programs and PC software.
• Available to work at least 2 days a week from either 9:00am-11:00am or 12:00pm-2:00pm.
• Experience or interest in teaching special education.
• Patience and sensitivity.
• All Interns are required to be enrolled in an accredited university and complete and pass background check and TB test, both provided by Tierra.
• A 3- 6-month minimum commitment is required. Intern will be expected to work between 15-20 hours a week during Tierra del Sol’s operation hours. This is an unpaid internship, but Tierra del Sol Foundation is amenable to accommodate your school’s internship or fieldwork credit requirements.
What you’ll gain by interning at Tierra:
Tierra del Sol Foundation is a wonderful environment filled with welcoming and compassionate personnel. Tierra is proud of its diverse culture and provides an atmosphere conducive to learning As a Tierra del Sol intern you will gain management skills, fundraising experience, marketing outreach, project development and good writing ad analytical skills. Our interns develop new skills, more confidence, and a greater understanding of special needs education, invaluable personal and professional development.
How to Apply: Please apply immediately by emailing a cover letter and resume to Patricia Bitar at email@example.com. Please put “Computer Lab Support” as the subject of your email. Only complete applications will be reviewed.