Computer Operations InternBookmark This
NYC Department of Consumer Affairs
New York, NY
DescriptionThe Department of Consumer Affairs seeks a motivated, organized and detail-oriented individual to serve as a Computer Operations Intern. The Intern will work closely with the Information Technology Director of Operations and his team. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:.
• Assist in responding to basic helpdesk support for users such as hardware/software/printers trouble shooting, software installation, configuration, upgrade, PC/Server parts replacement and rebuilt including imaging and PC/printers installs.
• Assist in the creation, modification, and configuration of user accounts.
• Perform related inventory duties for hardware devices.
• Assist with relinquishment of end of life equipment.
• Update inventory database.
• Assist the Director of IT Operations in performing day-to-day tasks and duties
• Assist in the preparation and distribution of computer generated data for internal users.
• Assist in various clerical functions, including but not limited to, data entry associated with the collection of information and preparation of reports.