Concert Producer InternBookmark This
Veteran Resource Network
DescriptionThe Veteran Resource Network is a 501(c)3 non-profit Veterans Service Organization. We have several programs including the Troops 2 Truckers (www.troops2truckers.net), AdventureVets (www.adventurevets.com), Big River Expedition (www.bigriverexpedition.com) and others. We are in great need of a talented student to serve as our Corporate Sponsorship Management Intern our team in seeking a concert producer intern for the Great River Expedition 2014, a 1900 mile Kayak training adventure from West Virginia to the Gulf of Mexico. During that 70 day expedition down the center of the United States, there will be approximately 15 concerts and 20 minor events.
Responsibilities- Assist the team by targeting potential performers for the 1900 mile expedition.
- Contract the talent
- Plan the events
- Determine optimal venues
- Participate in on-line or in-person talent interviews
- Demonstrate discretion, integrity, fair-mindedness, and a persuasive, congenial personality
Requirements- Be comfortable and authoritative speaking with decision makers on the phone
- Be able to handle contracting with entertainment and other vendors for the events
- Possess and exhibit a strong and genuine ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be an intermediate user of MS office products like Word, Excel, etc.
- Be comfortable working via Skype teleconferencing
- Have worked in an office of some type before
- Be very proficient with using the Internet
- Have a love for the US Military Veterans