Concierge Account Representative (Full time, $35-$40k / year)Bookmark This
New York, NY
DescriptionBrandYourself is the only DIY web tool that helps people improve their own search results. We started the company when our co-founder Pete couldn't get an internship in college because he was being mistaken for a criminal in Google. Back then the only solution was to pay a reputation company thousands of dollars to improve your results for you. We wanted to create a product that made it easy for people manage that process themselves so they wouldn't have to turn to these companies.
Along with our product which is now used by a quarter million people, we have a Concierge service where you can pay us to do the work to improve your search results for you. That's what this position deals with.
As part of our Concierge Program, it will be your job to work towards managing the search results of some of our most important clients, ranging from high profile businesspeople to grammy award winners. You will be in charge of managing 25-30 high profile clients at a time.
Responsibilities• Manage/improve the search results for 25-30 clients: You will be expected to perform a variety of tasks including building websites, creating content, building links and publishing profiles in order to help our clients' search results.
• Interact with/update your clients on your progress: On a monthly basis you will organize and send a report to each client to a) let them know what you've accomplished that month, b) give them your plan for the following month, and c) answer any questions they might have. They will also occasionally call you throughout each month with questions and to check in.
• Look for new, innovative ways to optimize search results: Some clients will have search results that are difficult to improve, so you'll be expected to be an active member in the SEO community and stay up to date with a) any changes to Google's algorithm, and b) any new SEO tools or ideas that might help our clients achieve better results.
Requirements• Organization skills: You'll be managing 25-30 clients at a time. Not only will you need to report back to each of these clients, but you'll also need to report back to the management team on the exact status of each one. You'll have to keep accurate notes on what work you've done and what progress you've made so the team can improve strategies as we move forward.
• Strong communication skills (especially written): More important than anything else, you need to communicate effectively. That means you need to be able to a) write bios and content for your clients, b) answer complex questions simply and clearly, and c) articulate things that work and things that don't. Communication is key.
• You're a genuinely good person to work with: We are dealing with people's reputations, and they are rightly sensitive about them. One of our competitive advantages is how sincere and transparent we are. At the same time, you'll need to manage expectations for our clients (results don't happen overnight). We've found the trick to a great relationship is being a happy, helpful person.
• Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization: Though it's not completely necessary that you have a background in SEO, it is definitely preferred. You will be doing SEO on a daily basis so the more you already know, the better.
• Knowledge of WordPress: This is not 100% necessary but it is definitely a plus. We build most of our clients' websites on WordPress' content management system, so previous knowledge will make getting acquainted with this position a much easier transition.