Contractor Sales TraineeBookmark This
84 Lumber Company
84 Lumber is searching for a Contractor Sales Trainee. This is an excellent opportunity for you to develop a rewarding career in sales with an industry leader! As a Contractor Sales Trainee, you will be engaged on learning how to identify potential customers, build positive relationships, andcreate customer loyalty within the building industry.
This exciting career opportunity includes 6 months of fully loaded training which includes 84 Lumber Company’s signature Lumber Sales Camps at Team Headquarters, Home Study Programs, and hands on training from our very own field Sales and Management professionals! After completion of the first 6 months of training, the Contractor Sales Trainee will progress into their role over the following 3 months by beginning to service customers directly. Thus, ultimately launching forward on the path of becoming a successful member of 84 Lumber Company’s sales team!
Contractor Sales Trainee responsibilities will include:
- Attaining and implementing knowledge and skills facilitated by 84 Lumber Company’s sales training program.
- Selling lumber and building materials supplies.
- Sourcing special orders and other activities that enhance the customer's experience.
- Must achieve predetermined sales goals at an acceptable margin.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints creating material estimates.
- Scheduling deliveries.
- Maintains and grows existing customer base across through prospecting, sales development, quoting and customer follow-up to ensure sales goals are met or exceeded.
- Regular site visits to plan and evaluate customers’ needs, ensuring prompt and accurate service.
- Correlates with sales support, operations team and vendor resources to secure business and attain profit and sales goals.
- Regular account evaluation determining revenue and profitability
- Updates and maintains accurate account information, customer details, and contact information available to management and support teams.
- Positive and competitive attitude.
- Strong aptitude and desire for a sales career.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and grow customer base through prospecting, development, quoting, and follow-up.
- Ability to multitask in fast paced environment.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office and email (Outlook).
- College Degree preferred; minimum High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Previous retail and/or sales experience strongly preferred.