Converged NetworksBookmark This
145 West 28th Street
New York, NY
DescriptionIs designed for candidates with an interest around Network Technology. You will be exposed to the latest Cisco, Avaya, Polycom and EMC technologies. You will be helping to monitor, document, and troubleshoot issues with the team. This internship is offered to a candidate possessing at least (1) year experience in Help Desk and wants to also grow into Servers, Voice, Data, Video and Storage Networking.
Responsibilities• Assist with daily maintenance of client’s local and wide, wired and wireless area computer networks.
• Assist with installation and testing of network servers, operating system software, routers, switches, cabling, and other related network components/equipment
• Assist in maintaining and repairing network operating systems, the network cabling infrastructure, and other related components.
• Assist in performing diagnostics and preventative maintenance to ensure that network systems are operational
• Assists with network management activities to include, but not limited to, maintaining Domain Host ?Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Domain Name Server (DNS) services, disk space allocation, wireless ?access privileges, network performance monitoring systems, system logs, etc.
• Assists in processing work orders directly assigned to the Network Services department.
• Assists in maintaining records of work completed and in-progress; and assists in updating network ?documentation to record installations, upgrades, configurations, etc.
• Travels to and from schools/work sites with Field Operations personnel in the performance of duties.