Copy Editor Intern (Virtual)Bookmark This
DescriptionGamerFitNation Inc. is a brand for gamers of all ages who want to gain greater control over their physical, psychological and emotional lives. We provide gamers information geared towards bettering their lives through health, nutrition, video games and fitness. We also offer information on gaming news, lifestyle, video game technology and more.
Please note this is a non-paid virtual internship. As such you should have access to a computer, internet, email and/or Skype.
We are seeking copy editors that are very talented with a go-getter attitude. This intern must be self-motivated with the ability to edit and provide creative suggestions for changes to improve readability of our writers’ articles in preparation for publication, without the need for constant micro-management and timing reminders.
Responsibilities- Edit and proof other team members’ work and provide constructive feedback
- Pitch in with various tasks as needed
Requirements- Students majoring in English, Journalism or Communications are preferred
- Previous experience writing and/or editing copy for print or online publication is a plus
- Attention to detail
- Must possess editing skills (excelling in correct spelling, punctuation and grammar of the English language)
- Must be able to communicate in a timely manner with writers and other members of the team
- You’ll be given a sample article to edit to test your proficiency