Corporate Sponsorship Management InternBookmark This
Veteran Resource Network
DescriptionThe Veteran Resource Network is a 501(c)3 non-profit Veterans Service Organization. We have several programs including the Troops 2 Truckers (www.troops2truckers.net), AdventureVets (www.adventurevets.com), Big River Expedition (www.bigriverexpedition.com) and others. We are in great need of a talented student to serve as our Corporate Sponsorship Management Intern our team in preparing for, seeking out, and closing corporate sponsorship opportunities for the Great River Expedition 2014, a 1900 mile Kayak training adventure from West Virginia to the Gulf of Mexico.
Responsibilities- Assist the team by targeting potential sponsors for the 1900 mile expedition.
- Participate in on-line or in-person sponsorship informational interviews and identify potential sponsorship candidates
- Provide administrative support to all staff, including managing and submitting proposals for sponsorships directly related to the logistics of the expedition.
- Assist the team in fulfilling the obligations of the sponsorship agreement so that the sponsor gets more than they have agreed to, leading to annual renewals
- Demonstrate discretion, integrity, fair-mindedness, and a persuasive, congenial personality
Requirements- Be comfortbale and authoratative speaking with decision makers on the phone
- Possess and exhibit a strong and genuine ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be an intermediate user of MS office products like Word, Excel, etc.
- Be comfortable working via Skype teleconferencing
- Have worked in an office of some type before
- Be very proficient with using the Internet
- Have a love for the US Military Veterans