*Creamery ClerkBookmark This
San Jose, CA
We are looking for a goal-oriented Creamery Clerk who thrives on being successful. Mi Pueblo Food Center offers professional opportunities for career growth, investment and development to individuals seeking to make an impact.
Essentialduties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and produce a variety of Hispanic style creams, salsas, etc.
- Understand product (hams, cheeses, etc.) differences to better fulfill customer's needs and wants.
- Follow established Weights and Measures procedures (tares) mandated by the state of California.
- Suggest Creamery departmen products and services to customers.
- Operate equipment and machinery such as baler, forklift, etc. based on operational needs.
- Other duties common to the Creamery department may be assigned by the supervisor as needed.
- Minimum of 1yearof experience in food handling, a deli type and customer service role preferred
- High school diploma/GEDor equivalent work experience preferred
- Must be 18 years of age
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) highly preferred
- Work well with others in a team oriented environment where one willingly takes on additional tasks with a positive attitude to help out the team/department.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services - this includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to coach and lead diverse work teams to achieve performance, quality , cost, and service goals
- Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job
- Fast paced, high volume, detail oriented work environment
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Occasionally requires the ability to move, lift, carry, pull or push heavyobjects or materials.
- Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Requires extensive use of hands
- Reach above and below shoulder height, constant walking, standing in one place for long periods of time, bending, stooping, lifting, etc.
- Work in hot and cold environments.
- Follow company health and safety rules andwearprotective equipment when and where applicable.
- Safely use food handling and sanitation chemicals and equipment to maintain department cleanliness standards and local, State and Federal agencies regulations and requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the cyclical nature of the grocery industry, team members are required to work varying shifts and schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays, which reflect the Company's operating requirements.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.