Creative Small Business Entreprenuer Seeks Fun and Creative Interns - www.mrsbrownsbathbakery.comBookmark This
Mrs. Brown's Bath Bakery
DescriptionI am Nadine Brown, owner and founder of the deliciously disceptive e-commerce shop, "Mrs. Brown's Bath Bakery" (www.mrsbrownsbathbakery.com). I sell bath soaps, soaks, scrubs, scrubbies, bubble baths, hairsprays and whatever else you can think of that belongs in a bathroom.
I am entering my third year in business. I am in need of an intern or two, that can help my business grow on a more efficient level. Being nominated for both the Martha Stewart American Made Awards and Super Bowl 2014 Commercial Award spot have been great examples of the hard work that I commit to my business's growth. I expect no less from my employees.
I currently run my business out of an office in my home here in Tucson, AZ, on the eastside of town. Most of the work will be conducted from this home based office. I would like the intern(s) that I work with to be comfortable yet efficient in this setting.
I am looking for a Mon-Fri 10-4 negotiable schedule arrangement, with the possiblity of an hour out of a Saturday for social media related maintence when/ where applicable. I prefer Mon-Fri hours schedule of 5-20 hours a week on any given amount of days depending on skill set(s) and/ or task given.
ResponsibilitiesTo include one or more of the following sectors depending on skill sets position of intern(s):
- Organize and collect progress reports
- Monitor project calendar, ensuring project is on schedule and in budget
- Ability to work in a relaxed-paced environment and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Ability to communicate at all levels with internal/external clients by phone, email and face to face
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- A positive attitude with good organizational, presentation and writing skills
- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Collaborates with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
- Participate in college recruiting events to represent the company and identify potential candidates
- Provide administrative support to HR managers, including, calendar management, organizing travel and events, completing expense reports, and submitting service requests
- Answer phones, distribute mail, print/copy documents, order supplies, and set up meetings including conference lines/ video conferences.
- Demonstrate discretion, integrity, fair-mindedness, and a persuasive, congenial personality
- Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
RequirementsMust have (or currently working towards) efficiency in two or more of the following skill sets:
- Be willing/ able to have/ clear a basic background check.
- NO illegal recreational drugs at any time. PERIOD. You are here to work and gain experience, not party. If found in violation or reasonable suspicion of violation, you WILL be reported to the proper authorities IMMEDIATELY.
- Good Work Ethics
- Works well in public situations
- Resume (even if no current work history)
- Personal source of transportation in any form
- 1-2 Referals (to include but are not limited to: Teachers [past/ present], Employers [past/present], etc.) with contact information
- Perform well in environment that values compassion, helpfulness, patience, and resourcefulness
- Understand cost-reduction principles and how to implement goals
- Possess skills at assessing issues, defining solutions, and implementing strategy
- Perform well in environment that values leadership, efficiency, dependability, and organization
- Demonstrate working knowledge of computer software packages, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word
- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possesses skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Performs well in environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment
- Passion for creativity and willingness to try new things
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Allergen List (when/ where applicable). My office has a resident feline employee of the med-hair and dander level. My business functions around food-based materials. I intend to keep your health and saftey in mind at all times.
- ALL prescription(s) list(s) (when/ where applicable). Any medication that you have been instructed by a registered doctor to take must be noted and managed according to the directions given. Any new medications must also be recorded at the time of implimentation.