Crowdfunding News InternshipBookmark This
DescriptionLaunched as a test bed for a new social game in development, The KickStarter Standard (www.kickstarterstandard.com) has evolved to become a popular meta news and commentary source on the subject of Crowdfunding.
As an intern with us you will receive guidance, training and significant hands-on experience.
Because we are a small team, this program requires interns to take substantial responsibility for researching, writing and producing content for the website. Interns can expect to leave the internship with:
A deep understanding of the National and International crowdfunding landscape; both reward and equity based.
Bylines on many news and commentary posts published to the KickStarter Standard.
Experience in creating social media and email marketing strategy to support a complete engagement loop for digital content.
The KickStarter Standard is located on Bainbridge Island, WA, a 30 minute ferry ride from Seattle. This internship is available year-round and we will reimburse public transportation expenses including ferry costs as necessary. We’ll probably throw in a few lunches too.
ResponsibilitiesThis internship requires a time commitment of 15 hours per week, with a minimum of 8 in-office hours, for a minimum of three months. Days/times are flexible and once an intern has demonstrated responsibility and reliability, telecommuting is an option.
- Participate in editorial meetings to create and maintain a daily publishing schedule.
- Research and be aware of the daily changes in crowdfunding on an ongoing basis.
- Turn research into posts ready for publishing.
- Upload and manage website content, including text, video, and photos.
- Contribute to the social marketing of the website.
- Develop and present ideas to enhance the awareness and popularity of the site.
- Carry out other projects as assigned by the managing editor.
- Commitment to producing the best results you are able.
- The ability to research and write on daily deadlines.
- Excitement about the crowdfunding phenomenon and desire to become an expert on the subject.
- An interest in thinking through problems and producing solutions.
- Confidence to make mistakes, just not a lot.
To apply: Please send cover letter, resume and short writing sample, active blog, blog post or link to online portfolio