Urban Planning InternBookmark This
City of Clearwater
100 S Myrtle Ave
DescriptionWe are looking for a highly motivated and independent individual who is able to complete detailed assignments with multiple milestones, and displays confidence in public speaking and interaction. Applicants must have an interest in urban planning.
ResponsibilitiesAn Urban Planning Intern will focus on:
• Assistance with the maintenance of master plan
• Capital project accounting, including creating spreadsheets to track expenditures
• Working with contractors and other governmental agencies to ensure project completion
• Assistance with grant research and writing
• Support of administrative responsibilities and tasks
Past Urban Planning interns have worked on a variety of tasks such as installing emergency trail markers, creating maps through ArcGIS, performing surveys, and writing a variety of reports. They were also exposed to the Cultural Affairs Division. With this exposure they worked with the Public Art Specialist on site analysis for a group looking for the proper site to place a Memorial art work and also photographed public artworks throughout the City.