Current TV Communications Internship – FallBookmark This
Culver City, CA
DescriptionCurrent TV Communications Internship – Fall 2012
Requirements/Skills: Candidate must be eligible to receive college credit and have at least sophomore standing. The individual must demonstrate the ability to undertake basic writing assignments, have good judgment and possess an understanding of Microsoft Office. The intern will be mentored by Current TV’s public relations coordinator, who will help him or her prioritize tasks and focus on projects and deadlines simultaneously. Interns will work between 15-20 hours per week.
Responsibilities: Current TV is looking for an unpaid intern to work with a fun and creative staff on a variety of projects. Responsibilities will include:
- Attending and participating in talent strategy meetings, media monitoring training sessions and presentations.
- Gaining an understanding of the company’s media monitoring database in which he/she will assist with the development and building of media lists and data entry.
- Assisting with the distribution of network press and/or information while ensuring the completeness and accuracy of materials. In addition, he/she will conduct appropriate follow-up when necessary.
- Carrying out special event planning activities and arrangements as outlined by the coordinator.
- Assisting staff by performing research activities, drafting new hire press releases and responding to all administrative duties and activities as assigned in a timely fashion.