Customer Experience InternBookmark This
Corning Life Sciences brings new and innovative laboratory tools to researchers. Our core technical competencies include polymer science, biochemistry and molecular biology, glass melting and forming, surface modification, and characterization science. As part of Corning Incorporated, we are a world leader in specialty glass and have a 150-year tradition of innovation.
We are committed to meeting customers’ unique and changing needs with original solutions for today’s emerging life sciences technologies. Our dedication to quality, technology and innovation has enabled us to produce the world’s most comprehensive line of laboratory tools for life science research. Corning Life Sciences also offers custom capabilities such as special packaging, bar coding, and printed lot numbers, to meet specific customer requirements
To know more about Corning Life Sciences, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/life_sciences.aspx
ResponsibilitiesScope of Position:
Assist the Project Manager in Technical Support:
• With the daily requirements / tasks associated with migrating the technical databases from its current platforms (File Maker Pro) to the 1 integrated platform
• With the daily requirements / tasks associated with migrating the current Complaint Process to the ETQ platform.
• With the daily requirements / tasks associated with migrating miscellaneous web information from the former website to a permanent site within CLS.
Assist the Global Pricing Manager with:
• Comparison of list prices for various Corning and competitive product brands
• Recommendations for list price changes, based on the analysis
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Assisting the project manager to complete the assigned tasks for the day / week as required to keep the projects on track to their completion dates.
• Working on the analysis by product groups for list price comparisons vs the competition.
Travel Requirements: None
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40
RequirementsRequired Education: Enrolled in a college degree program
• Knowledge of the following software: Strong beginner or intermediate Excel skills; strong beginner to intermediate level skills with Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe pdf files.
• Able to dialog and interact with several different teams, as part of the daily routine
• Ability to organize electronic data according to subject areas and/or file types
• Looking forward to the challenge of working w/in a commercial organization that is integrating a previously purchased business.
• Able to work semi-independently on a project task, but not afraid to seek out answers and information from different teams.
• Beginner level knowledge of biology and/or cell biology
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
• Good oral and written communication skills; ability to clearly document work accomplished
• Good team player; will be quick to ask questions and seek help when needed