Customer Service AssociateBookmark This
The Office of Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance (OSGLI) administers the Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance program (SGLI). SGLI offers life insurance products to active duty service members, veterans, and their families. Prudential has been servicing our Servicemembers since 1965.
Prudential currently has an opening in the OSGLI contact center which handles all correspondence and phone calls to and from Servicemembers, Veterans and their families. This position is accountable for explaining benefit coverage, documenting, and investigating complaints.
- Provide information to policy holders, parents, spouses, and beneficiaries.
- Receive, evaluate and answer customer inquiries which are predominately routine but may require deviation from standard screens, scripts and procedures.
- Use computerized system for tracking, information gathering, providing information, referrals, routine transactions and/or troubleshooting.
- May answer product, account, policy and service inquiries, resolve problems, and promote products and services by responding orally and/or in writing.
- May assess needs and suggest/promote alternative products or services.
- Handle most calls and transactions independently.
Prudential and its affiliates, Newark, New Jersey are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers and are committed to diversity in our workforce.
- College degree or equivalent business experience.
- Typically has 1-4 years of directly related customer service experience and well developed knowledge of product features, explaining benefit coverages, as well as transaction processing.
- Strong people skills with an ability to think like the customer and a passion to deliver top quality service.
- Proven record of dependability. Punctual and reliable attendance of the service associates is critical to the success of a fast moving, inbound service center!
- Customer Service knowledge is a plus. Must be able to learn retain a large amount of technical information in a relatively short period of time.
- Must be receptive to detailed and frequent performance feedback.
- Proficiency with a keyboard and window-based applications, including Internet.
- Proven self motivation skills.
- Active listening skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to excel in a team environment, as well as work well independently.
- Organization and prioritization skills.
- Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening. Failure to comply will eliminate an applicant from consideration for this position. Any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the applicant from this and any other position in Prudential, including their current position if they are an internal applicant.
- Training will typically fall between the hours of 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday; however, the OSGLI contact center is open from 8am to 5pm, Monday - Friday. To be considered, candidates must have the flexibility to be able to work either of the two shifts (7:50am - 4pm or 9am -5:10pm) within those hours. Actual shift assignments will not be determined prior to hire.
- The OSGLI is office is located at Prudential's office in Roseland, NJ. This is not a virtual position.