Cyberlife Application Developer Consultant Summer InternBookmark This
Allstate Insurance Company
DescriptionThe Opportunity We are the Good Hands; we help people realize their hopes and dreams through products and services designed to protect them from life's uncertainties and to prepare them for the future. Nearly every major Allstate project has a partnership with technology a partnership that is imperative to the success of the organization. With the company's size and related technology scale, you can get started before you graduate with one of our challenging paid summer internships designed to help you apply your classroom education to real world experiences. In order to maintain our place at the forefront of the technological landscape, Allstate has many summer interns return for consecutive internships and some even land full-time employment with us after graduation. The Role This positionis for a CyberlifeMainframe Application Developer, proficient in COBOL, JCL, and TSO.Cyberlife is our life insurance policy administration software system which supports most of our life insurance policies. A Life insurance background is preferred, but not required. As an Applications Developer Intern, you will be responsible for creating detailed technical specifications, developing application and system code, participating in code reviews and module testing, and supporting on-going maintenance. Responsibilities
- Review and understand detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements including technical recovery, security and audit.
- Participate in creating detailed design documents that support interface and technical design.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Generate and code work units for simple to intermediate changes, enhancements, and modules according to specifications and standards.
- Follow documentation and development standards.
- Accurately document design and code other work.
- Prepare and conduct structured code review.
- Prepare accurate data for test plan and modules.
- Participate in testing reviews.
- Track and resolve simple to intermediate defects.
- Assist with change management activities supporting production deployment.
- Ensure project artifacts are ready for promotion to production
- Required: Basic understanding of COBOL
- Preferred candidates will have completed sophomore year and currently be enrolled in a Bachelor's DegreeProgram
- Must have completed 2 to 3 classes in the Computer Technology - Networking curriculum
- Must have a GPA of3.00 or higher(orequivalent) overall and in major
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Target start date: May/June 2014
- 12 week summer internship program at our National Headquarters in Northbrook, IL
- An attractive compensation package
- Collaborative team environment
- Volunteer/community service opportunities
- Potential to receive possible full-time employment after graduation
- Best Places to Work for Recent Grads 2013 ConnectEDU
- Top 100 Best Places to Work in IT 2012 Computerworld magazine
- #11 on InformationWeek 250 Most Innovative Users of Business Technology 2012Information Week
- 50 Happiest Companies in America 2013- CareerBliss