DESIGN STUDIO INTERNBookmark This
LEISURE SOCIETY / BAUMVISION
3100 PULLMAN ST.
Costa Mesa, CA
DescriptionLEISURE SOCIETY / BAUMVISION SEEK INTERN IN DESIGN STUDIO
Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Fashion, and Social Media Backgrounds Welcome
October 24, 2012, Costa Mesa, CA – BAUMVISION is an eyewear design, manufacturing, and distribution company based in Orange County, California. The company holds the global eyewear license for Paul Frank and has exclusive European
distribution partnerships with both Moscot and Barton Perreira, plus a North American distribution partnership with the Danish eyewear company Kilsgaard. President and designer, Shane Baum, is a member of the CFDA and launched his signature luxury collection in Spring 2011 entitled, LEISURE SOCIETY. Baum’s portfolio includes work for such companies as Louis Vuitton, Rebecca Minkoff, and Shipley & Halmos.
Baumvision is seeking highly motivated interns in the design studio of their global headquarters located in Orange County. Applicants must be available 2-3 days a week. They will be immersed in multiple aspects of the business with focus on design, merchandising, social media, and marketing. Internship is unpaid with school credit available.
for more information visit www.leisure-society.com / www.baumvision.com
Responsibilities• Collecting reference for inspiration boards
• Concepting designs for Point of Purchase, Window Displays, Packaging, etc.
• Contributing ideas for social media - posting blog posts + designing accompanying graphics
• Assisting with product development and production
• Assisting on photoshoots and video campaigns
• Organizing and maintaining the design studio and showroom
• Occasional data entry and basic office duties
Requirements• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Intellectual curiosity and an strong interest in design, fashion, and the luxury market
• Self-motivated and able to keep up in a fast paced environment
• Knowledge of color theory, basic photography, and the principles of design
• Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop) + Microsoft Office
• Experience with major social media sites (Wordpress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
• Photography, Multimedia, or HTML knowledge a PLUS