DONATIONS AND STORE INTERN ASSISTANTBookmark This
The international Rescue Committee- MIAMI
730 NW 107th Ave, Suite 100
DescriptionPurpose: The R&P Donations program is a thrift shop environment where IRC beneficiaries come to find items they need, such as clothing, kitchen items, small appliances, school supplies, toiletries and more. It also involves interaction with in-kind donors and opportunities to assist with donor and vendor relations, garner monetary, in-kind and volunteer resources for refugee clients, and interact with people from a wide variety of countries and assist them to find items that they need as they start their new lives in this country.
• Warehouse hours are Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 10am to 3pm.
• Receive and organize in-kind donations of small appliances, clothing program, computer program, household items program, and food program. Efficiently facilitate rapid distribution to families.
• Interact and assist refugee clients who come in and fulfill all needs and answer any questions
• Process outgoing donations for clients and file all receipts
• Organize the store and incorporate new in-kind donations into shop inventory to ensure that store is kept orderly, sorted, and neat
• Respect client needs and conduct all interactions according to IRC code of ethics
• Assembly and fix donations within the store, as well as house mentor all clients to assess furniture, material-needs, and living situations
• Assist with picking up and delivering donations.
• Apartment set-up for refugees.
• Assist in special events such as “Clothing Marathon”
• Other duties as assigned
• Fluency in Spanish
• Reliable and flexible
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
• Organized with attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Creativity and initiative to follow through on projects
• A strong interest in international and refugee issues
• A strong desire to help people and enthusiasm for working in a multi-cultural setting
• A car/driver’s license is desirable but not required