Data AnalystBookmark This
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Advance your Information Technology (IT) career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company.
Liberty Mutual Insurance ranks 84th on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on 2011 revenue. As of December 31, 2011, Liberty Mutual Insurance had $117.1 billion in consolidated assets, $99.3 billion in consolidated liabilities, and $34.7 billion in annual consolidated revenue.Liberty Mutual employs over 50,000 people worldwide in four Strategic Business Units (SBUs) and multiple corporate departments.
Liberty Mutual Personal Insurance IT is actively searching for a Data Analyst. Personal Insurance IT supports t he Personal Insurance business unit which ranks #6 in personal auto and property premium, with nearly 5% market share. We are a market leader in distribution capabilities, offering customers unrivaled access to our products and services through multiple channels.
In this role you will be a part of the PIIT, Information Management (IM) team assisting in the development of logical database designs, data models and relational database definitions across multiple computing environments. You will assist in the identification and analysis of business requirements and transform them into data models according to architecture, technology, and standards. You will participate in the analysis and resolution of issues related to information flow and content, with clients and IT management and staff. You will develop technical expertise in data modeling directions, methodologies, techniques and tools to ensure development of logical and relational database designs which meet the needs of the business customers.
Most importantly, you'll be engaged in meaningful work for an organization that is committed to "helping people live safer, more secure lives" every day.Responsibilities:
- Participates in the evaluation of business requirements.
- Consults on and researches data structure and/or data content issues and designs effective data solutions.
- Assists with communication with Database Administration, Shared Data Services, Data Warehouse, and Information Warehouse Environment.
- Contributes to the development of project plans and may assign and monitor tasks.
- Supports development team throughout project lifecycle; during test phase researches test issues and data content, and assists with problem resolution.
- Assists with coordination of database changes within context of overall configuration management process.
- Participates in the creation and implementation of new standards and procedures.
- Investigates components of new tools and techniques.