Data Science Intern - Summer 2014Bookmark This
Santa Clara, CA
DescriptionData Science Intern - Summer 2014 Internships | Santa Clara, CA, United States
We’re looking for a highly motivated intern to help to join our team and work on a number of applied data science problems within the education space. An intern on our Data Science team will be able to prepare and analyze large volumes of customer usage data to discover patterns. The intern will present findings the Data Science team, the product teams, and the executive leadership at Chegg.
- Work closely with a team composed of data scientists, engineers, mathematicians, statisticians, and business analysts.
- Collaboratively design and write data processing jobs to support the following areas:
- Text mining and analysis: document similarity, topic extraction, clustering and classification.
- Recommendation systems: non-trivial discovery and ranking via collaborative filtering, market-basket analysis, graph traversal with extracted features.
- Relevance feedback: machine learning, user clustering, click-through prediction.
- Present and interpret analytics findings and participate actively in discussions of results.
- Currently pursuing a PhD, BS, or MS in computer science, statistics, or a related field.
- Background in graph theory, machine learning, or data visualization.
- Experience with statistical analysis of data in environments like R, MATLAB, Numpy/Scipy is a plus.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python or Ruby.
- Some familiarity with SQL (or Hadoop/Pig) and motivation to learn new tools for working with large datasets.
<< Back to Current Openings jvwidget.writebutton('', '[\'osdiYfwF\']', '', 'qgb9Vfwf', false); Send Jobvite