Database AnalystBookmark This
New York, NY
DescriptionA client of ours, a top-tier International Bank, is looking for a Database Analyst to be based in New York, NY.
The responsibilities of the Database Analyst will include:
- Applying and/or interpreting appreciate data mining/modeling techniques to establish an accurate picture of how data is structured and processed (e.g. define data elements)
- Data mapping across multiple business units and legacy systems/mainframes
- Detailed data analysis and information gathering to complete Counterparty data cleanup exercises
- Identify and analyze data sources to capture mandatory data elements to complete Counterparty data mapping exercise.
- Facilitate brainstorming, focus groups and walkthroughs around data mapping/cleanup
- Participate in the testing phases by taking ownership of the Counterparty mappings.
- Generate and recommend results including alternative approaches to meet business sponsors needs
- Clearly articulate showstoppers and provide options to senior management on an on-going basis.
- Direct programmers and analysts to make changes in existing databases and database management systems
- Approve, schedule, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems such as the installation of new databases
- Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- 7 plus years database management experience
- 5 years’ experience in financial service
- 7 plus years working experience in a IT function at a large organization
Skills and Competencies
- Expert knowledge of relational databases and query concepts
- Expert knowledge of database cleansing techniques and data modeling
- Expert knowledge of segmentation and profiling concepts and techniques
- Apply analytical skills to resolve problems and deliver viable solutions, anticipate obstacles and execute proactive approaches to issues, and actively participation in issue resolution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to interface effectively with a broad range of contacts; from technical staff to management
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and to work successfully under pressure
- Analytical thinker, with ability to solve problems
- Creative thinker, breakthrough, innovative, out of the box thinker
- Organized with strong time management skills
At Sharp Decisions, we specialize in recruiting IT and business professionals currently working in the front, middle, and back offices of high-profile asset managers, hedge funds, investment banks, and private wealth managers.
We recruit all asset classes: commodities, derivatives, equities, fixed-income, foreign exchange, and loans.
Sharp Decisions recently launched our V.E.T.S.™ Program, training and returning veterans to the workforce, while providing companies with enthusiastic and proficient workers. The Vocations Education Training for Service members Program expands upon the expertise of these capable veterans, creating career paths for success. We encourage veterans to join our V.E.T.S.™ Team and harness these unique skills to bring more jobs to former service members and America.
Our 22-year reputation of success is built upon knowledge, integrity, and trust, and our recruiting team works tirelessly to match candidates with clients to insure a perfect fit. We offer contract, contract-to-hire, and full-time positions with top-tier and Fortune 500 companies, as well as all levels of government. If you have the passion and knowledge to bring to an expanding, dynamic global team, Sharp Decisions has opportunities for you.
Sharp Decisions is a Certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about our company and to see our other career opportunities, visit www.sharpdecisions.com.