Decision Science Internship, Orlando, FL - Spring 2015Bookmark This
Disney Professional Internships
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Decision Science Internship
Company Overview: Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you'll have the opportunity to join a team that's beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you've been looking for.
Segment Overview: Since its opening in 1971, the Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, FL has grown to feature four theme parks - the Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park. In addition, more than 20 themed resort hotels, two water parks, and the Downtown Disney Area, a daytime and nighttime entertainment complex, are part of the Walt Disney World Resort.
Department Overview: The Decision Science Support team acts as science consultants to all business units of The Walt Disney Company, including Media Networks, Parks and Resorts, Studio Entertainment, Consumer Products and Interactive Media, with the goal of improving guest experience and maximizing overall profitability.
The intern will be responsible for building operations research and statistical models for various revenue management and pricing systems. Intern assignments may include, but are not limited to:
* Performing data collection, data cleaning, data validation, and reporting tasks for revenue management systems and applications
* Support the analysis and validation of forecasting and optimization models
* Model and analyze revenue management and pricing related issues using various mathematical, statistical, and simulation techniques
These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for this position:
* Proven experience with statistical, forecasting, and optimization software including SAS
* Strong written and communication skills
* Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
* Demonstrated strong partnering skills
* Demonstrated aptitude and willingness to learn new science, software applications and tools
* Familiarity with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Proficiency in SAS
* Proficiency with statistical methods such as linear regression, generalized linear models, and hierarchical/mixed models
* Proficiency with linear programming and / or dynamic programming implementations
* Proficiency with forecasting methodologies
* Proficiency with Bayesian statistics
* Proficiency with discrete event simulation
* Prior research or industrial experience in revenue management, pricing, and/or supply chain applications
* Currently enrolled in, or recently completed study from a graduate school program leading to a Masters or PhD in Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Math, Economics or related areas
* Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: Cumulative GPA stated on resume and application must match cumulative GPA of current institution's transcript. Please, no rounding.)
Job Posting Industries
Leisure and Travel
* Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program. Note: Once you have completed one consecutive year of employment on a Disney internship or program, there must be a minimum 6 month gap before the start of a new internship or program
* Must possess unrestricted work authorization
* Must provide full work availability
* Must provide own transportation to/from work
* Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2015 to June 2015. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Recommendation - Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed
Materials Required: In order to be considered, you must upload a copy of your resume and include major, expected graduation date (month/year) and cumulative GPA from your current school transcript (please, no rounding).
* College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
* Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
* Click the link labeled "Edit Profile Info"
* Click on the "Attachments" Tab
* Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
* Select document type of "Other"