Dental Assistant (General Dentistry Practice)Bookmark This
Reporting directly to the Managing Clinical Director, the Dental Assistant performs a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties. The Dental Assistant works chair side making patients feel as comfortable as possible, prepare them for treatment, obtain their dental records and instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care.
This position requires travel to local offices.
- Assist the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures.
- Set up and breakdown operatory post treatment.
- Take, develop and mount dental radiographs (x-rays).
- Manage infection control - prepare and sterilize instruments and equipment.
- Provide patients with instructions for oral care following all dental treatment procedures.
- Educatepatients on appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health.
- Perform various office tasks as necessary.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Dental Assistant Certificate where state regulations specify.
- X-ray certification an absolute requirement where state regulations specify.
- Dental assisting experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Resume must demonstrate stable employment history.