Department AssistantBookmark This
St. Joseph's Health
279 E. Imperial Hwy, # 770
DescriptionSt. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 2,000 employees and 25 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, SJHH has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values.
Working under the general direction of Department Manager, this position provides administrative and clerical support to the Department.
1. Interacts with other St. Joseph Health System (SJHS) and St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) ministries as well as the public on behalf of the Department.
2. Responsible for the direction of incoming calls to the appropriate departments, taking complete messages as appropriate and ensuring timely notice to the individuals concerned.
3. Greets guests and informs staff members of guest arrivals.
4. Sorts and distributes all mail, interoffice correspondence and departmental faxes.
5. Receives written and verbal requests for generation of general office correspondence.
6. Orders and distributes supplies for cost center.
7. Maintains supply room using visual management and LEAN methodologies.
8. Coordinates facility and equipment repairs for the administrative offices.
9. Coordinates with the appropriate individuals to obtain business cards, computer access and telephone service for new employees with Administration.
10. Assists in the coordination and scheduling of department and interdepartmental meetings.
11. Coordinates use of Conference Room and are responsible for ensuring the ordering and delivery of any food items needed.
12. Maintains contact lists for the Department and sites.
13. Maintains departmental, medical office site, and physician directory listings.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Medical terminology; Hospital or health care experience
Willingness to learn and be taught new things.
Ability to function independently and without direct supervision at some times. Assists with additional projects as assigned or directed.