Design Automation Engineer - InternBookmark This
Santa Clara, CA
DescriptionIn this position, you will be a part of the Centralized Design Automation Operations team (CDAO) working on the development and support of next generation IC design flows for analog, digital and/or full custom circuits across organizations. As an CAD engineer in the team, you will support design flows for multiple engineering customers (internal or external) using industry standard EDA software from companies like Cadence, Mentor Graphics, Synopsys, etc.... Your duties could encompass automation of any aspect of design flows (circuit simulation, schematic capture, layout design, APR, parasitic extraction, IP quality) for both ICs and emerging technologies, depending on your area of specialization.
You must be pursuing a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Experience in C++, shell (tcsh), Perl, Tcl/Tk, or Python programming.
- Experience with Linux is required.
- Knowledge of and experience with industry standard design tools in an ASIC or custom VLSI design flow (e.g. synthesis / APR with Encounter / IC Compiler / Olympus, or custom design with Virtuoso / SPICE / Calibre), as would be gained in VLSI / analog circuit design courses and project work.
- Basic knowledge of silicon integrated circuit design / VLSI.
- CAD tool experience: IC Validator, Calibre, STAR-RC
- Experience with Physical Verification, Layout Entry/Layout Verification flows.
- Mixed Signal Design and solid state physics concepts.
- Understanding of timing concepts and/or experience with industry standard timing tools PRIMETIME, ICC
- A brief understanding of different collateral views GDS, NLDM's, LEF/FRAM, RTL/Verilog/SystemVerilog.
- Mixed Signal Design
- General IP design concepts.-