Design/Product CuratorBookmark This
DescriptionDecorist is a San Francisco-based start up in the home design space, currently in stealth mode. While we are small today our aspirations are big: transform the interior design space - and people's homes - in the process. Our leadership team has a proven track record of building successful consumer propositions. And we are passionate about all things furniture and home design!
We are looking for interns who share this same passion to join our team for 3 -5 months (with strong potential for a permanent, paid and broader role based on results). While we are primarily hiring for a "product/design curator" role, we are looking for individuals who are willing to roll up their sleeves and function as "generalists" when needed.
This is a terrific opportunity for someone who is fueled by creative exposure, a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment and who wants to learn from and be mentored by seasoned business and brand builders.
ResponsibilitiesAs a product and design curator you:
- Consider yourself a tastemaker and get excited by discovering unique, surprising, share-worthy items across:
o a range of styles (traditional, eclectic, modern etc)
o online and offline stores (from ebay to Etsy to West Elm) and
o price points (from lower end to higher end_
- Will happily dedicate time to exploring and virtual "collecting."
- Are online savvy and enjoy staying on top of what is happening in the home design retail, blogging and product discovery (e.g. Luvocracy, Pinterest, etc) worlds.
RequirementsThe ideal candidate is:
- organized and detail oriented
- has a good understanding of Photoshop, and excellent computer skills including excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Interior design experience is a plus but not a must, as is the ability to put looks together