Deskside Support Tech I (Entry Level)Bookmark This
Laguna Niguel, CA
DescriptionProvides Tier 2 and Deskside Support and Server Maintenance and services to users located at DHS USCIS field offices and services located throughout Continental United States (CONUS). Logs and provides support to prioritized and assigned incident tickets assigned through the Remedy ITSM system. Maintains user accounts and security policies at USCIS field offices locations and sites. Supports the troubleshooting of network performance issues and execution of disaster recovery plans. Supports the upgrades, patches, new applications, and equipment deployed and in operation at field offices and sites. Knowledgeable on service delivery of IT Services that delivers on designated and outlined Service Level Agreements (SLAs) performance. Responds to and diagnoses incidents/problems through discussions with users. Ensures timely attention to the incident management process through which incidents and resolutions are controlled. Have ability to conduct problem recognition, research solutions, isolation, and follow-up steps. Provides support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical issues, incidents and problems. Responds to telephone calls, emails and personnel requests for technical support. Documents, tracks, and monitors incidents from original call into the help desk through resolution to ensure a timely resolution. Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems with Tier 2 support. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Able to make recommends system modifications to reduce incidents and problems. Travel to support other field offices and sites within a region may be required.
* Strong customer service and communications skills are necessary.
* Ability to quickly analyze, evaluate and test software and hardware problems to provide rapid resolution support for known errors with documented solutions.
* Able to provide and restore systems configuration.
* Record and escalate after applying Tier I troubleshooting diagnosis to Tier II technicians and provide remote repair services for workstations and peripheral devices.
* Remotely install software applications.
* BA or BS college degree in a technical discipline OR HS diploma or equivalent and 1-2 years of related technical experience.
* CompTIA A+ is required or achieved within 6 months after hire.
* Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certification or Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) is required or
achieved within 12 months after hire.
* ITILv3 Foundations Certification is required or achieved within 6 months after hire.
* Help Desk Institute (HDI) - Desktop Support Technician (DST) Certification is required or achieved
within 6 months after hire.
* Experience with computer terms and customer service operations.
* Strong communications skills (both written and oral)
* Excellent interpersonal skills, especially ability to listen and understand what is being described with
attention to details in transcribing communications into BMC Remedy.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite experience required.
* Must be able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance to start employment. Must be able to
maintain a Public Trust security clearance to continue employment. U.S. Citizenship required.
* Must be able to complete/pass a CGI background check to start employment.
* Travel to support other field offices and sites within a region may be required.
* Remedy ITSM experience a strong plus.