Digital Marketing InternBookmark This
650 W Lake St.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2013
Position: 4 Full-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 06/01/13 — 09/01/13 (Flexible)
Description• Are you an intelligent and energetic college student who wants to work for an upcoming startup brand and be part of brand development from the ground up?
• Do you want an internship where you can actually make a difference instead of running silly errands?
• Are you passionate about doing good to help society?
• Do you want to be part of a movement that educates the public on their ability to make wiser choices about their energy options?
• Do you want to get real world Internet Marketing and Social Media experience
before graduating? ?
If you answered yes to the questions above, you are the type of team member we are?
looking for at Power2Switch! We are a rapidly growing, progressive startup in the
energy space, located in the West Loop, Chicago.
Power2Swtich, Inc. is a comparison platform for electricity suppliers in deregulated markets where citizens in those markets can shop for alternate suppliers based on unique needs. Power2Switch has a mission to better educate citizens of the United States on their energy supplier choices, consumption and along the way entice, intrigue and excite citizens living in deregulated geographies to consider alternate energy suppliers. In these deregulated markets, citizens have a choice to shop for suppliers on a variety of attributes, allowing them to find better an alternative supplier from which they can purchase their electricity. We strongly believe that if people know better they will do better.
ResponsibilitiesCurrently there are two obstacles to overcome and increase penetration of the Power2Switch brand in the deregulated markets:
• Customer mindset: The average citizen is unaware of this "democracy of choice" in the deregulated state they live in. Taping into their apathy to care about the energy choice they have, is an additional element of this challenge.
• Brand Positioning: Power2Switch has weak brand equity with limited impact in influencing citizens to become brand ambassadors of the mission. Citizens may be aware of the brand, have used the service to shop for better suppliers, yet lack excitement to rally around the brand and share it with others.
We have decided to take our brand, Power2Switch, to a new direction where our goal is to create a movement that “Makes Energy Interesting”. There is a crucial need to educate citizen of deregulated utilities markets of their ability to choose when it comes to selecting their electricity supplier. In a way, it is a form of “independence” and very much, at its heart, democracy of choice.
“Make Energy Interesting: Find Alternative. Spend Less. Use it Responsibly” is the new starting point for our conversation with the public and citizens of deregulated markets. Via this new conversation we wish to engage with the public to achieve the following goals:
• Increase the brand equity of the Power2Switch brand to stand for a greater value than "simply the switching message"; to be a brand that does social good for communities and society.
• Instill within our current and future customers a willingness and desire to share our message across their networks; become ambassadors of our brand and purpose; rally around the movement because, at the citizen level, they identify we have common values as them.
• Create a social energy movement that empowers citizens to socially engage, at the individual level; to share and collaborate on the use of energy resources in an innovative way that builds equity in the "feel good" accounts of citizens.
RequirementsYou will have the unique opportunity to gain valuable real-world experience at a
fast growing energy startup. Our interns will not be sitting at a computer doing
boring data entry but will be given real responsibility in helping to lead and execute marketing research , digital marketing and social media initiatives. This program will provide you with knowledge and experience that can help jumpstart your career in digital marketing and market research.
What we are looking for? ??
We are looking for candidates that have passion and skills to excel in a fast-paced ?
environment. A candidate should have most, if not all, the traits below: ?
- Be a smart, agile thinker. A good decision-maker who doesn’t get bogged down ??
or stressed when problems arise. ??
- Have desire to learn about Internet Marketing and Social Media ??
- Proven ability to get things done with minimal supervision. ??
- Desire to learn what it takes to work in a fast growing company; startup culture.?
- Ability to think of creative solutions to business problems ??
- Any combination of the following skills: ??
• Excellent graphic design skills and experience with Adobe creative products ??
• Writing & Journalism ???
• PPC/SEM ??
• SEO ??
What will you be doing? ??
This opportunity is what you make of it. The more you show us in executing digital ?
marketing projects, the more responsibility we’ll give you to lead marketing programs.
Marketing interns will have the opportunity to get involved in every facet of our Digital
Marketing Strategy including: ?
• Social media efforts (blogging, forums, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and more) ??
• Search engine marketing (SEM) both organic, paid and local search ??
• Website content creation and updates ??
• Marketing messaging (website, newsletter, marketing materials, etc.) ??
• Competitor analysis (messaging, offerings, marketing materials, etc.) ??
• Segmentation research ??
• Google Analytics metric tracking ??
Interested students must be in enrolled in college and pursuing a B.A. degree in English, writing, journalism, or related field. ?We’re looking for someone who can be in our West Loop, Chicago office approximately 16-20 hours per week, 4-5 days per week. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, and 2-3 writing samples. ?