Reporting AnalystBookmark This
The Group Insurance division of Prudential Financial is seeking a Financial Analyst, Business Measures for its Business Intelligence Unit that will provide the qualified candidate with an excellent opportunity to learn many facets of the Group Insurance business and exposure to several levels of leadership and Group Insurance business units.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for the development of various executive management and performance management reporting deliverables including high level variance analytics in support of several of the Group Insurance business units. The Financial Analyst will also assist in responding to senior leadership inquiries and participate in a variety of projects.
The job will be located in Roseland, New Jersey.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Performing cause analyses, including but not limited to analyzing drivers of results
· Building reports and documentation to support findings
· Creating executive level summary of findings and recommendations to senior leadership
· Participating in reporting related projects
· Partnering with functional and business units to develop and enhance reporting portfolio
· Verifying accuracy and integrity of data
· Incumbents typically have up to six years experience working effectively with others in a collaborative team environment and building consensus on future actions
· Demonstrated ability to synthesize data, communicate results and develop findings into compelling insights, implications and opportunities Proven experience in financial modeling, data analysis and reporting, including in-depth analysis and analytical skills
· Minimum of 3 years experience developing responsive, complex, multi-part reporting using Microsoft Access or other comparable tools
· Detail oriented and well organized
· Knowledge of and experience in business research methods, data mining and analytics
· Creative and consultative approach to problem solving
· Bachelor’s degree
· Demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships throughout an organization
· Business Objects experience
· Analytical and financial expertise – experience with sales and/or broker reporting
· SQL writing capability, Visual Basic or C#, Net developer, Oracle or SQL Server database experience
· Solid knowledge of the employee benefits industry including basic understanding of products as well as the distribution channels