Dock Worker (Part-Time)Bookmark This
DescriptionDock Worker (Part-Time)-OPE014629 Description Pay rates at this location have recently been increased for Dock Workers, along with additional pay increases after 6 and 12 months of employment. Con-way Freight invests in its people to create long-term opportunities and sustainable careers.Job Summary: Load and unload freight in a timely manner utilizing the appropriate motorized and manual equipment and by hand as needed. Description of Essential Job Functions:
- Available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends due to varying freight volumes.
- Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand as needed.
- Utilize mobile hand held devices for tracking shipments.
- Safely climb in and out of trailers.
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs frequently and greater than 75 lbs occasionally).
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies (e.g. pallets, straps, rope).
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery.
- Safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports.
- Ability to handle hazardous materials.
- Adhere to company safety policies.
- Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-pace and deadline oriented.
- Safely work in adverse weather conditions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location.
- Prior dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry is a plus.
- Prior forklift experience in a freight / less than truckload environment preferred.
- Prior experience loading and unloading trailers preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Highly motivated individual with attention to detail.
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Ability to bend, twist, squat, pushing/pulling freight throughout shift.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete required training.
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
- Pass a company paid Post Offer Pre-Hire screen (physical essential functions) test.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer M/F/D/VJob Operations Primary Location United States-Massachusetts-Dracut