Driver (Part-Time, AM Shift) - Santa Cruz, CaliforniaBookmark This
Santa Cruz, CA
The Santa Cruz Psychiatric Health Facility (PHF) was created for people who are experiencing more severe psychiatric symptoms and can benefit from more structured services, supports, and a secure setting. The purpose of the PHF is to help individuals reduce their symptoms, develop a recovery plan, and prepare to transition back to their lives or lower levels of care with follow-up treatment resources and community supports in place.
The PHF will provide locked inpatient acute services24-hours a day, 7 days per week . It will accept clients (age 18+) on a voluntary or involuntary basis (under 5150). On average, PHF clients can stay for 5-7 days, but may flex with an individual’s needs. In the PHF, they will receive a comprehensive assessment, and a robust treatment program of active therapies and recovery-based services. The program can serve up to 16 individuals at a time.
The PHF was created based on a recovery-focused treatment philosophy. The Crisis Stabilization Program (CSP) was designed to be client and family friendly, offering recovery-focused services; a safe, respectful, welcoming environment; access to a multi-disciplinary treatment team; psychiatry and nursing support; and medication services and support.
The CSP is co-located with the Santa Cruz Psychiatric Health Facility and will be located at 2200 Soquel Avenue in Santa Cruz. Both programs are scheduled to open in December 2013.
The Driver is responsible for transporting of clients to appointments and discharge destinations as arranged by staff, upkeep of vehicles, and both routine maintenance and recommendations regarding major repairs.
· Experience working in a mental health community setting helpful, experience working with severely and persistently mentally ill adults is preferred.
· Possess excellent safe driving skills and some knowledge about van maintenance/repair.
· A High School diploma or a G.E.D. equivalent and a valid Class C California Drivers License and insurability are required.
· Necessary skills include the ability to work independently with limited supervision.
· The ability to read, write and speak English is crucial.
· Applicant must be fingerprinted and receive clearance from the Department of Justice.