ERP AnalystBookmark This
Loyola University Chicago
1032 W. Sheridan Rd.
DescriptionUnder general direction, is responsible for providing daily technical support for the Infor (Lawson) System foundations (HR/Financial/Payroll/Procurement) and Lawson Smart Office ERP modules and Kronos Workforce TimeKeeper solution and those systems and/or interfaces that support it. This will include the daily support of business users as well as peers within the ITS department.
- Provides daily support of the technical environment for the Lawson suite of applications.
- Performs problem identification and resolution; coordinates and manages the installation of patches and service packs; and advises and assists the security administration of Lawson including related applications where applicable.
- Reviews system needs, investigates solutions and presents recommendations to management.
- Maintains development, test and production environments and coordinates system needs with internal resources of the ITS department.
- Serves in a leading technical role in system implementations, upgrades and changes, working at a high technical and analytical level in support of customers.
- Serves as the primary contact for all support issues and provides day to day operational administration of Lawson, Kronos and interfaces to other applications such as BSI TAXFactory.
- Provides Lawson and Kronos performance tuning including the OS, application, and web tiers (including IIS, IBM HTTP Server, ADAM and WebSphere Application Server).
- Manages patches and upgrades to the Lawson Environments and Applications.
- Monitors and administers file systems, directories, log files, print files, and work files.
- In conjunction with the DBA team, manages the database environment for Lawson and Kronos requirements.
- Follows standards, policies and procedures of University and ITS division to meet project goals and objectives.
- Provides technical support for applications to optimize and streamline the technology and processes supporting the daily operation of the business units.
- Document areas of opportunity or potential technical improvement and how to better leverage the Lawson and technology platform to exploit/remediate the opportunities.
- Leads upgrades and the technical implementation of new modules for Lawson, Kronos and other solutions as applicable.
- Performs other duties as required.
Responsibilities- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience with at least 2 -4 years of experience in the field or related experience. Lawson security administration experience is a plus.
- Training in Lawson and/or Kronos technologies or work equivalent knowledge is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with relational database concepts and tools including SQL and SQL developer tools.
- Experience applying software patches and performing environment and application fixes.
- Proven ERP Systems Administration experience (technical experience) using industry standard techniques.
- Functional knowledge of Human Capital Management, Supply Chain and Financials applications.
- Experience supporting Process Flow Integrations and ERP Portal.
- Technical experience/knowledge with web applications and client/server applications such as Lawson Human Capital Management, Supply Chain and Financials modules or other ERP solutions.
- Familiarity with Lawson and Kronos architecture and tools is a plus.
- Knowledge of project management concepts and practices.
- Excellent client facing skills including exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent documentation skills, and must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence and technical manuals.
- Must be able to effectively present information (verbal and written) and respond to questions from peers and other Loyola staff, faculty, and students.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand and apply concepts such as resource utilization, work effort, percent to complete and project health.
- Must be detail oriented, results focused, possess effective written and verbal communication skills, and be able to support change management initiatives.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Generates creative solutions; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
- Develops alternative solutions; Works well in both group and individual problem solving situations. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Great attitude and strong work ethic; Ability to work independently and in team settings; Maintains confidentiality and follows ITS and other university policies regarding data security and protection; Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
- Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others; Able to communicate technical ideas and concepts to non-technical audiences; Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; handles sensitive and confidential issues and materials appropriately.
- Supports the organization's goals and values; Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Adapts strategy to changing conditions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Strong administrative and organizational skills.
The majority of the work for this position will occur within the standard work week. However, this position will be on-call, and may need to work during off-hours to respond to problems.