Editorial Assistant InternshipBookmark This
ESTERO, Your Foreign Influence
Salt Lake City, UT
DescriptionESTERO, Your Foreign Influence is a bold and sophisticated new culture magazine that spotlights emerging artists and designers as we travel around the world in search of inspiration for your personal style, lifestyle and home style.
We published our first edition, Italia, Citta D’Arte last month in conjunction with New York Fashion Week. ESTERO, was distributed in the swag bags at the Nolcha runway fashion shows. We are primarily an on-line publication that will be produced four times throughout the year, and will produce limited print editions twice per year in connection with New York fashion weeks, February and September of each year.
We are currently looking to expand our staff and are seeking an editorial assistant intern to assist in the growth and development of our company. We are looking for a professional individual to be our first line of customer contact and represent our image to our clients. The successful candidate will have great personal style and will be talented, creative, energetic, responsible and a team player. This is an entry level position that performs different types of office or administrative work. The work of the Editorial Assistant varies from reception and office accounting and administration, to internal and external communications, to research and social media management, as well as other miscellaneous duties as designated.
• ESTERO magazine promotes from within. A successful candidate in this position may be able to promote to the next level as the office manager. ESTERO anticipates hiring a full-time office manager during the next four to six months.
• High performing interns will be previewed for all new positions before going out into the marketplace. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume to email@example.com. To learn more about ESTERO, Your Foreign Influence go to our web-site www.esteromagazine.com.
ResponsibilitiesTypical duties of the Editorial Assistant (part-time or full-time):
• Perform administrative works such as answering calls, encode and edit documents, set up interviews, record memos and meeting minutes, review paper work, and carry out different orders from senior staff.
• Assess article submissions and report to supervisor.
• Work hand in hand with agents, clients and authors to review contracts and guarantee that agreements are being followed.
• Set and modify layouts in projects such as pasting illustrations, writing headlines, articles and captions.
• Internal & external communications
• Manage social media campaigns
RequirementsEducational Requirements of an Editorial Assistant
• A Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or any other related field is the needed requirement to become an Editorial Assistant. Some aspiring Editorial Assistants apply with a Master’s degree and this advance in education is a plus for employment.