M+E Web Editorial InternBookmark This
Meetings + Events Media Group, Tiger Oak Publications
900 S. Third Street
DescriptionAre you a journalism student or recent graduate looking for experience in magazine writing and publishing? Are you based in the Twin Cities?
Join Meetings + Events Media Group at Tiger Oak Publications and contribute to our growing web team. Interns will research industry events and update the magazine calendars, write news items for the website, assist with social media tasks and more.
This internship is office-based and requires 15-20 hours a week. In return for your hard work, you’ll gain solid magazine writing experience and a stipend.
Responsibilities- Update magazine events calendars
- Use press releases to assist with writing online news items
- Assist with social media duties like updating Facebook accounts, building Pinterest board content and more!
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Work 15-20 hours a week in the Tiger Oak Publications office.
- Interns will receive a stipend upon completion of their internship.
Requirements*All applicants must be a current journalism student or a recent graduate of a journalism program.
- Familiarity with AP Style, experience working with press releases is a huge plus!
- Ability to juggle a number of assignments.
- Experience writing for social media and performing tasks such as fact-checking and curating social content.
- Extra points for those who have events experience.