Editorial Intern (Paid)Bookmark This
prime publishing llc
3400 dundee road, suite 220
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 6 Part-time, Paid
DescriptionThrough its network of niche content Web sites, Prime Publishing enables consumers to live fuller lives every day. The company creates women’s lifestyle content in the cooking and crafting niches.
We are seeking an Editorial Intern for our content sites in the area of crafting (general, knitting, beading, quilting, crochet, sewing, jewelry) and recipes (desserts, general recipes, healthy recipes) and related niche content targeted primarily to women.
The internship program is set up as a 13 week learning experience. We understand that interns may wish to work shorter or longer than 13 weeks and this is possible. Our goal is to teach you a new skill each week. Should there be mutual interest, we will share with you our training schedule and learning experience during an in-person interview which details learning goals by week. You may learn more about this internship and others at www.primecp.com
Responsibilities- CMS – we have developed a proprietary CMS, content management system. Our first week is focused on teaching you this system.
- On-Line Writing – the second week we teach you the basics about how to use analytical tools to write articles so that they can be well indexed on-line and found by people using search engines.
- Public Relations – we engage in an active series of campaigns and our training covers sources of publicity, writing a press release and tracking results.
- eBook creation – we offer our consumers at least two new free eBooks each month. These are downloadable PDF format books, typically 25 – 150 pages, and often themed around holiday’s such as Valentine’s Day, Easter, Halloween, etc. Each intern will create at least one eBook from start to finish.
Requirements- College student, preferably with English or journalism concentration or equivalent experience.
- Basic understanding of HTML and online media.
- Strong writing, editing, research, communication, and management skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines effectively and multitask.
- Interest in and/or experience with women’s lifestyle content.
- Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall programs available.
- Coordination with college or university for credit is available as determined by college or university.