Editorial Intern/Communications AssistantBookmark This
Bib + Tuck
One York St, apt 5B
New York, NY
DescriptionBib + Tuck brings together the hippest people who are influential in their fields, entrepreneurial, creative, trendy, and cool to exchange their clothes, shoes and accessories.
The Bib + Tuck Editorial intern (you can call yourself an Editorial Director on your resume if you'd like) will work to constantly improve our website and create content detailing what we do and promoting the Bib + Tuck lifestyle. You will play a lead role in guiding the organization’s external and internal communications by updating website content, managing featured closet interviews, handling social media language and overseeing marketing and outreach campaigns. You will also get involved with our viral marketing strategies and support our small marketing team with web analytics, customer segmentation, competitive analysis and other marketing projects. Candidates should have a knack for writing funny, witty copy and creating share-worthy content.
Responsibilities- Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Use alternate forms of communication (including graphic arts), resulting in improved interactions.
-Assist the company in revising the company vision, mission statements, site content, press releases, and related content.
-Each week, we select a closet we covet and share the inspirations, personal life, taste, and tips behind the person in the clothes. You will be responsible for interviewing some of the world’s best tastemakers
-Conceptualize and design our email marketing campaigns using Mailchimp
-Assist with handling our facebook, twitter, and pinterest initiatives
-Manage the community content and social networking connections
-Develop content, including presentations and briefing documents
- You should be a skilled writer, preferably with a major in journalism, English, marketing, communications, or the like.
- You should be passionate, but not obnoxious, about fashion.
- You should be proficient with social media outlets (i.e. facebook, twitter, tumblr, pinterest, etc)
- You should have the ability to work independently, take initiative and deliver results without an in-person supervisor
- You must be available throughout the summer (remote and NYC opportunities available)