Editorial Interns Wanted for College Planning WebsiteBookmark This
2850 Ocean Park Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Paid
DescriptionWe’re looking for talented interns who love to write and use social media!
Editorial interns will gain valuable experience working with editors who will teach them what makes a good article and blog post, and how to use social media to promote content.
Plus, you’ll get the opportunity to share your college application skills, experiences taking the SAT or ACT and what you’ve learned in college, with other teens.
What's Campus Explorer? We are a small company with fun staff members who are eager to help students learn on-the-job skills and discover their potential in online editorial.
We pay $10/hr. and expect interns to work part-time (2-3 days a week).
This is a paid internship with no guarantee of employment after the term.
Available Positions: Two (2) per semester
How to Apply: Send a cover letter, your resume and three (3) clips (or samples of your writing).
ResponsibilitiesAs an intern, your responsibilities would include:
• Writing blog posts about campus life and college planning
• Using your editorial skills to engage new users on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
• Enhancing your copy editing skills
• Learning what it takes to develop a career in online editorial
Requirements• Currently enrolled in a college or university near Santa Monica, CA
• Some writing experience (web experience preferred)
• Familiarity with social media and blogging
• Excellent communications skills
• Knowledge of AP Style
• Writer for school paper
• English, Communications or Journalism Major